- We are committed to the health and safety of our students,
employees, contractors, and communities.
- We actively champion environmentally sound practices and
- We establish procedures and audits to assess our programs to
ensure that we meet best practices and standards.
- We continuously improve our emergency management procedures
and practices to ensure the District can effectively prepare for
and respond to any emergency.
- We continuously improve our business processes keeping our
customers in mind.
- We strive to eliminate injuries, illnesses and adverse
environmental impacts to contribute positively to the learning
The Office of Environmental Health and Safety is dedicated to
providing a safe and healthy environment for the students
and employees of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
This mission is supported through periodic inspections of existing
District facilities, and careful review of all proposed school sites
to ensure a school environment that is health-protective and
conducive to learning.
Strategic Operational Review: Office of Environmental Health and
2013-14 OEHS Fact Sheet